Hello again! I have another recipe to share with you and it’s awfully quick and easy. It’s also very comforting, so perfect for the cold winter that is fast approaching. The beauty with this recipe is that you can adjust it to your liking. Essentially a vegetarian dish, if you’re a carnivore then I don’t see why you can’t add some chopped ham, sliced chorizo or sausage meat. I’m thinking of throwing in some anchovies and black olives next time.
The Tomato and Garlic Gnocci Bake takes 5 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook and bake. It can also be frozen up to a month and heated up in the oven for 20-30 minutes until it’s piping hot.
Without further ado, this is what you will need:
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed (I like to amp it up and throw in 2-3 cloves)
400g can of chopped tomatoes
500g pack of gnocchi
1 tsp of red chilli powder (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onions for 5 minutes or until they are soft.
- Then add the crushed garlic and fry for an additional minute.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and add the chilli and gnocchi, then simmer for 10-15 minutes until the sauce thickens. (I add a splash of water to stop the mixture from over-heating and drying out.)
- Once it’s ready, pour into a big dish or individual ones, sprinkle generously with the mozzarella and slide under the grill for a few minutes till the cheese has melted and is nicely toasted on the surface.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.